Good Friday?
Today is Good Friday. I wonder why its named "Good Friday"? Who named it? I guess there is another research project!!
Edit: Here is a good read about Good Friday (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Friday)
I found this picture on another blog:

It is a painting by Hans Holbein depicting Jesus dead in the tomb. The body and the face of Jesus in this painting pierces my heart. The total absence of being. I bet "The Destroyer" was dancing at this point thinking he had won the war. But as Paul Harveys says.....I know "The Rest Of The Story..."
Good Friday, my guess, is that its called "Good Friday" because we know the rest of the story. Jesus chose to experience death so that we don't have to. This would be a picture of our eternal state had he not laid down his life for us on "Good Friday". I am grateful for that, though the pain and suffering that he endured because of me hurts my heart.
Have a Great Weekend!!
Todd
Edit: Here is a good read about Good Friday (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Friday)
I found this picture on another blog:

It is a painting by Hans Holbein depicting Jesus dead in the tomb. The body and the face of Jesus in this painting pierces my heart. The total absence of being. I bet "The Destroyer" was dancing at this point thinking he had won the war. But as Paul Harveys says.....I know "The Rest Of The Story..."
Good Friday, my guess, is that its called "Good Friday" because we know the rest of the story. Jesus chose to experience death so that we don't have to. This would be a picture of our eternal state had he not laid down his life for us on "Good Friday". I am grateful for that, though the pain and suffering that he endured because of me hurts my heart.
Have a Great Weekend!!
Todd


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home